Lost Sock Creations

Lost Sock Creations
what it's all about...

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Abstract Expressionism sculptures

Student Sculpture, Brian
Detail of Student Sculpture, Caitlyn
Student Sculpture, Caitlyn

Student Sculpture, Omar



Student Sculpture, Jovani
Student Sculpture, Sarah


Student Painting, Caitlyn

Student Painting, Sarah

Harper Painting

Harper Painting

Harper Painting

Harper Painting at Tyler Newk's Cafe

Kandinsky Painting

Kandinsky Painting

I had this idea to start creating cardboard sculpture into Non-Representational forms. We just got done doing Non-Representational Paintings with my 8th graders and this step just seemed to make sense. So, I created some myself first as examples. I loved it! I am having them create them using 
5 different techniques with the cardboard 
(negatives space, bottom layer exposure, score and feel to corrugation, add on a corrugated piece, add on a 3 layer piece). 
Since the cardboard is usually brown, I am giving them construction paper crayons to add color and emphasis to the work. I am also encouraging them to outline all shapes, cutouts, and layers with black sharpie marker.

My first Paisley heart design

My second idea with more geometric shapes...

I decided to make this one a little more spiritual..
I added Bible Verses in the heart...

THis is the back of my Bible Verse heart. It was colorful and printed, but I decided to go with it as part of my design rather than leave it unworked on. I included Bible verses about how we should keep God's word in our hearts. I plan on making these hearts with my Art WIth a Purpose group afterschool...
To see more about this project, visit...
http://classroom.mineolaisd.net/webs/seatont/nonrepresentational_sculpture.htm