Lost Sock Creations

Lost Sock Creations
what it's all about...

Monday, October 17, 2016

Optical Illusion American Flag


Mrs. Garcia's 4th grade

Mrs. Meleski's 4th grade

Kenut, Abby & Kai
------
Mrs. Rylander's 4th grade
Elloise & kayla
Elijah, Adrian, 
Brittney, Sofia, 
Michael & Katie. 
(Rylander)
----------------
Mrs. Parker's 5th grade
Devyn, Ashlynn, 
Greg, Victor, 
Leanne & Faith


Mrs. Garcia's 4th grade class
Working. 
(Kenut's picture at table from Meleski)

Draw 4 vertical lines on paper that get closer together (but not touching) on paper. 

Draw curved lines in every other vertical column. 

Turn paper other way to make lines contouring in opposing direction. Make sure they match up with opposing lines, touching ends. 

Leave the corner open for stars. 

Dra a bent contour guideline to draw stars on the open space of flag. 
Mrs. Rylander's 4th grade
Kayla shading... (Above)
Elijah & Michael shading...
------
Color with the contour. 
Color softly with red crayon. 
Bend your coloring with the bend of the line. 
Add shadows by pressing harder close to the bertical lines with the red crayon. 
Use the blue crayon lightly along the white stripe's vertical line to show shadow. 
-alternative color using grey or black. 
Color behind stars hard with blue.

2 comments:

  1. Years ago I came across the book Stupid Sock Creatures by John Murphy. My students and I have had fun creating sock monsters and dolls ever since - so I was thrilled to discover your blog! I feel God led me to this discovery for a specific reason and am very interested in your book. I haven't been able to find it for sale - can I purchase a copy? Thank you for sharing your story and the inspiration you provide! Lin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lin, I am working on putting the LOst SOck on Amazon! YAY!I already downloaded it but it take s70 hours to get approved. So, when it finally gets on there you can download it as an Ebook. Does that sound ok? I was thinking about you while I put it on. I know that God wants you to read it to show you something. I hope... I will get back with you when It gets on for sure. Keep in touch. God Bless

      Delete