Lost Sock Creations

Lost Sock Creations
what it's all about...

Monday, September 1, 2014

Doodle Desert





Mrs. Meledki's 3rd grade Tuesday Art
(Above) Arooba, Devyn & Evy

 
 
 
Mrs. Hall's 3rd grade Friday class 
(Above; Armondo, Ava & Connor)


 
 
 

Mr. Cramer's 4th grade Friday ArtClass
(Above: Arnez, Lisa M., Preston, 
Kirsten & Ali)


Madison & Sabrina (above),
4th grade McMillian's class

Mrs. May's 3rd grade Wednesday art
Above; Adrianne, Adriana R.


 
Supplies; thick paper,
thick Sharpie, washable markers
Knowledge; concentric circles, contour lines, line variety, color blending, watercolor control.
Draw hills, sun, and cactus. Outline with permanent market. 
Use concentric circles around sun & contour lines in cactus and hills. Outline with permanent marker. 
Fill in lines with doodles of line patterns and designs using a permanent marker. 


Use the washable markets to make bold thick outlines around each space in design. Use a wAter filled brush to bring the marker lines inward to fill in towards center. 
Tuesday class 4th grade...








Step by Step Guide



Below is a slight different version of cactus doodle.


















8 comments:

  1. I love your site. It's simple and clear. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you. When my artsy fartsy spaghetti brain is all jumbled up, it helps me to iron out my plans to basic simple steps ;) thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. Your lesson was the inspiration for desert art in my class last week:
    http://scottishprimarycolourists.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/doodle-deserts.html (unfortunately I didn't get around to taking many pictures)
    Thanks for the great idea and detailed post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this which I came across on Pinterest. I think I will use a similar process with the people who come to the Gratitude Journaling group at the mental health and addiction service I work at in New Zealand.
    Thanks for the wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your art lessons! I will keep those steps in mind to teach my students! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the Editor of Fun Family Crafts and wanted to let you know that we have featured gorgeous desert project! You can see it here:

    https://funfamilycrafts.com/doodle-desert/

    If you have other kid-friendly craft tutorials, we'd love for you to submit them. Thanks for a great project idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thank you for featuring the project.
      God Bless,
      Tabitha

      Delete