Lost Sock Creations

Lost Sock Creations
what it's all about...

Monday, October 8, 2012

Art Elements using Hands

   
I wanted an easy way to teach the elements of art to my 6th graders. 
I decided to use hands to get them started. 
Hands are easy to trace and they are personal to each child. 
So, all of these lessons begin the same...
Tracing your hand.  
 OP ART HANDS





Go here to view this lesson on my school web-page...


                                                                               LINE HANDS







TEXTURE HANDS
Need previous knowledge of Value and color blending to do this lesson.

drawing in texture

Begining the value with darker colors...
Applying lighter colors on top of texture for 3-d appearance.






COOL and WARM COLORS
http://tabithaannthelostsock.blogspot.com/2012/11/cool-and-warm-hands.html




All cool and warm hands were used to make an Art Banner for the hallway.

ILLUMINATED HANDS using Value

To see this lesson on my School WebPage.... go to


















4 comments:

  1. I love the idea is real and every child can connect to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for putting this on your blog. I'm going to try some of your ideas with my class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondering how much time you spent on this project? Did you do them all in one year in row?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fun art project for younger kids too. I homeschool and plan to use this technique to teach my kids about perspective. They are only in the 1st grade but the techniques from what you have shown would give them a good idea. Thanks, I'm now following on google +

    ReplyDelete