Lost Sock Creations

Lost Sock Creations
what it's all about...

Friday, April 13, 2012

Things that keep me going at work...

When work gets overwhelming and artwork waits to be graded and critiques...
There are a few things that give me inspiration to keep going...
These things are
1. My screensavers; i currently have a picture of my sock doll family that I made to symbolize my own family. I keep these dolls on our fireplace mantle at home. But, here on the screen they continually remind me of my family and of my sock doll purpose here and now...
2. My tacky but equally awesome TeddyBear plaque that reads, "Do your best God will do the rest".
One of my 6th grade girls gave it to me last year for Christmas.
3. My drink, coffee mug, or whatever I bring to keep me caffinated.
4. My hubby post it; he wrote a bunch of "I love you" on a bunch of yellow post-its' one day while I was feeling down. I keep them around...
5. My rainnow drawing; Maisy (my oldest daughter) did this when she was about 2, just starting to learn her rainbow colors and drawing with lines. I wrote on top of her rainbow "Maisy brings colors to my life... she is my rainbow girl"...
These 5 things are blessings on one hand...
and I have 5 more fingers!
Just a simple blog to make you smile in your heart...
Me in my artlab entryway...
I made this cardboard sign to make it more pronounced and homey...
see lesson here
http://classroom.mineolaisd.net/webs/seatont/nonrepresentational_sculpture.htm