Lost Sock Creations

Lost Sock Creations
what it's all about...

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Ted Harrison Landscapes

During this time, I will be teaching from home in my Art Studio.

THis will be the third lesson that takes place from home.
If you have completed the Moved by Music Illustration and Moved my Nature,
you are ready to move onto the Line Landscapes.

I talk alot about being inspired before you begin. This is super important to an artist.
We are not machines that can just stamp out art on demand. If this happens, it takes the joy away from Creation. It takes the feeling and emotion away from the art.
This project is open for you to use whatever lines and colors you FEEL like using.
But it does require some guidelines as well.
look through full blog post and head all the way down to the bottom for the criteria.


I've been very inspired by Layered Linear Landscapes in the past. 
Ive looked for artists that inspire this idea for me. 










I just recently discovered Ted Harrison, the landscape artist. 
I am so excited because his art encompasses so many things I've been trying to capture.  
Line, Layers, Color, Movement, Unity and Space. 

Here are some Images created by Ted Harrison. 


 


Ted Harrison is not the only artist with this sort of Landscape style. 
Great minds think alike, right?
I wonder who Ted was inspired by...

Maybe the Northern Lights, the Aurora Borealis ?
They were in his area...





Maybe Vincent VanGogh,
The OG of using paint lines to form the land...

 Maybe Grant Wood...



Here are some ladies that I discovered that paint beautiful landscapes with the same sort of idea. 
You can never have enough inspiration. 

Valerian Leblond

I love how she layers the lines using texture in them as well. 
I love how she changes colors in her art to change the feeling. 
How do you feel when you look at the first 2? 
How do you feel when you look at the last 2? 
Why does that change?






Rebecca Vincent

She has a unique method of making her lines across her artwork. 
this could be a fun idea for you to mimic her method. 
Watch video of her at bottom. It shows her working on a piece. 
You could cut strips of paper out of magazines and lay them across the paper and glue them down.
Just a thought.... 



CRITERIA
You are open to use whatever supplies you have.
 Valerian Leblond paints of wood. 
Rebecca Vincent uses strips of paper and printmaking methods. 
Mrs. Morgan uses paint on canvas. 
You can use computer paper with marker, cardboard from trash and a pen, 
or sidewalk chalk on your driveway. 
You do what you want while following these guidelines below. 

1. Make it a landscape (must have a sky, a ground and details that communicate as outside).
2. Focus should be on lines that go from side to side to make the sky, land, water. 
That's it. 

Make your landscape and send it to me in Google Classroom, email it to me at morgant@mineolaisd.net, or post it to instgram and tag me in it #lostsockcreations. 
I'm gonna keep making more in different ways, so stay tuned for updates. 

Student Art

Maleighna

Saphyra B.

Desiree G.