Lost Sock Creations

Lost Sock Creations
what it's all about...

Monday, February 6, 2012

Silly Pickles...

My latest idea for the LostSock Creations...
A Lion and a Lamb!...
but my lamb didn't turn out so sheepish.
I added the eyes and it looked like an owl... so i added the ears and it looked like a cat. 
I felt creatively defeated!... just as I was grabbing for the seam ripper I thought... hmmmm.
I am the Creator of this LostSock. My Creator didn't put a seam ripper to me if I didn't fit the mold.
Maybe this could be a happy accident for me. Maybe I could just go with it! Keep it a kitty.
SO, instead of elimination parts to make it look like my plan, I added more to make it go with itself. So, in the end I had a Kitty SockDoll named Pickles! I LOVE HIM! If i would have made him a lamb like I planned, I would have never had the pleasure of Pickles.

WE need to let go sometimes. Just quit following the was we think things should be and go down a road off the course. Maybe it will be better than we imagined. My Pickles sure is cool. 

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog a while back, but never had the time to really go through and read. Now I have and I love how when you wanted to start ripping the lamb/cat apart and the Holy Spirit enlightened you "My Creator didn't put a seam ripper to me if I didn't fit the mold". If he had done this to Adam, where would we all be. God's love is amazing. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you! That's so encouraging. I did Pickles so long ago in an almost different life. So much has changed, but it's inspiring to know you got something out of this old post. God is so amazing and His word does not go without void. These crumbs of my past still bring nourishment to other hungry brothers and sisters. May the whisper of Christ be ever close to you.

    ReplyDelete